23 Jan 2012

Some days are just like that

Chickadee


I haven't been able to go out, mostly due to bad weather and extremely cold temperatures.  Today however, I had an opportunity that I just wasn't going to miss.   So I bundled up and headed into the sunshine and blue skies.  The birds were chirping everywhere, and although I was able to capture only one on camera, I did get some other very nice photos.

Refusing to let go
I discovered a tree that still had one lone, brightly colored leaf which refused to let go, and another that had started to bud, no doubt during the spring like weather we experienced in December.  Looks like leaf and tree were both confused as to the season.

Growing too fast too soon
My favorite photo from today's outing is the one below, where the setting sun burnished the multitude of dry leaves on yet another tree a beautiful bronze.


In the end, although I did finally spot a flock of Bohemian Waxwings flying over the tree tops, even the Squirrels were in hiding.  Some days are just like that, but there will be other days and other outings.

Enjoy,
Guni

Subscribe in a reader

No comments:

Post a Comment